Mediterranean Tabbouleh Salad
Preparing timePreparing time
- soaking bulgur, meanwhile preparing the rest ingredients: 20 min
- cooling down in fridge: 30 min
- olive oil 3 tbsp
- bulgur ½ cup
- fresh parsley 2 cups finely chopped
- fresh mint ½ cup finely chopped
- lemon juice of 2 lemons
- onion 1 medium
- water 1 cup
- salt to taste
- tomato 2 medium
- red pepper spice to taste
Rinse ½ cup of bulgur in a sieve until the water runs clear. Drain well, then transfer to a heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 glass of hot-boiling water, cover tightly and leave soaking for 20 min.
Meanwhile wash well parsley, mint and onion, dry and chop finely. Put the chopped herbs and onion in a large bowl. Peel tomatoes using boiled water, deseed and dice finely. Add them to the bowl.
When bulgur is drained, add it to the other ingredients and pour with olive oil and lemon juice.
Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper and keep cooling down in fridge for half an hour.